Friday, August 11, 2006

A coffee-shop story

He steps into a coffee shop.
I come to the US chasing the American dream.
At the coffee store, he is asked what he would like to have?
As I live the American life, some friends ask me about my plans for the future.
"Small, medium or large?" they ask him from across the counter.
I usually mumble that I need a life.
He doesn't know what to say, can't make up his mind.
I fall silent, a bit too dazed myself.
He looks around and there's already a small queue behind him.
I wonder briefly what is meant to happen next.
He says a perfunctory "No thanks!" and walks out awkwardly.
Wish I could take the next flight to India.

2 comments:

Canary said...

long time since u posted on this blog ?????

Srihari said...

You're right. Life is rather dull and colourless...but thanks for checking in..